Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wee-Bit Wednesday: Lucky 7 Edition

Faye Robertson/Serenity Woods tagged me in this fun little thing making the rounds on the writing circuit.

Here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 other authors

For starters, both of my WIPs at the moment haven't reached 77 pages, so I had to go back to Desires of the Soul, which is technically still a WIP because it still needs to be edited by Liz and then fixed by yours truly (probably several more times) before it's considered a done deal.

I lucked out; this tiny snippet gives you a great snapshot of Dom's charm that Angelica brings out in him.

So, here's my 7, I hope you enjoy. :)


*******************************************

“So what are these powers you have?” he asked. “Just so you know, if they’re greater than mine I’ll probably suffer from severe emasculation issues.”

Angelica laughed. “I have no intentions of ever emasculating you. With my powers or otherwise.”

Suddenly his eyes turned smoky, and he leaned into her. “Good,” he rumbled, just before cupping her face and kissing her breathless. Hours later—no, it was probably only minutes…seconds?—Dominic pulled back and gave her a wicked grin. “You were saying?”

*******************************************

Now I tag:
  1. Jessa Slade
  2. Abby Niles
  3. Charlotte Stein
  4. Chloe Jacobs
  5. Rachel Harris
  6. Kate Douglas
  7. Cari Quinn

7 comments:

  1. Ha!! LOVE that :) Cannot wait to read Desires of the Soul!!

    Here's mine from last week when I was tagged--my WIP doesn't have the required pages either so I modifed the rules... http://www.rachelharriswrites.com/blog/2012/3/9/lucky-7-meme-sneak-peek-at-tale-of-two-centuries.html

    BUT, I guess I could've done your idea, too. So here is the 7 lines from page 77 of my debut coming out in the fall, My Super Sweet 16th Century:

    My heart is hammering so loudly in my ears that I can’t even hear my own singing. I fight the urge to run from the room, knowing—as hard as it is to imagine—that will shame my family even more than this horrendous performance.

    Eventually, after struggling with a few more notes and sliding up and down the entire vocal scale, I manage to find a middle ground. But it still isn’t pretty. Glass doesn’t break and the guests don’t go running out screaming into the night, but their pinched faces and the laughter shining in Antonia’s eyes lets me know it truly is as bad as it sounds to my own ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait for everyone to read it, too. Unfortunately, I have to...for another 15 months! Oy.

      That's a great 7, Rachel! I can picture it perfectly. :) Off to read your other 7 now...

      Delete
  2. Why do you have a picture if me on your website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy,

      My bad. I needed some eye candy for the ladies, but I should've asked you first. Even though it's not one of your better pictures, I didn't think you'd mind. Next time I'll clear it through you first.

      Always,
      ~G ;)

      Delete
  3. Very nice snippets, ladies!

    My current WIP is on page 10 and it's so rough I wouldn't even allow my cats to look at it right now, lol. So I'd have to do the same with Extreme Love, the first in my MMA series. I actually went up to the next scene though because I wasn't sure if the snippet that I landed on was appropriate. It had to do with my heroine overhearing two women talking naughty over the hero. So I went the safer route. :)

    She reached for the door knob and stopped.
    Why couldn’t she open the blasted door? It wasn’t like this was a date. Far from it, actually. Dante was simply worried for her welfare, wanted to help her protect herself. She should be grateful, not standing here quaking like the high school geek facing the class quarterback.
    “Can I help you?”
    Cait whirled around to find a bulky, bald man towering over her. She stepped back. “Um, I’m supposed to meet Dante.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Abby, I can't tell you how EXCITED I am for your series!!! Love, love, love MMA! So does Rachel. :) We've been watching it for about 10 years or so, and when my daughter was little (like 6ish) she would tell people, "My favorite fighter is Chocolate Dell!" LOL I never bothered to correct her because it was so frigging cute. Eventually she learned Chuck's name wasn't really Chocolate. ;)

      Thanks for sharing your 7! This was a fun little game. :)

      Delete
  4. ROFL!!!! That is absolutely adorable! She has good taste too. I was watching an old fight with him just a couple of days ago. I hate he's retired now, but he will always been one of my favorites.

    So happy to meet some more MMA fanatics. About 6 years ago, a couple of friends rented a PPV event. I knew nothing about MMA at the time. But it was a chance to hangout and have some fun, so I went. And a whole new world was open up to me. Not only do I love the sport, I respect it and the men who climb into the cage to battle it out.

    Thanks for including me! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Take a few seconds to commment, I'd love to hear your thoughts...